The documenting of your experience, professional practice, and education is done. You’ve read, you’ve studied and you just completed your CFRE exam. The message is right there on your computer screen at the testing centre, You Passed!
After all the work, study, and worry that went into achieving this career milestone, you’re feeling a well-deserved sense of pride in your accomplishment – at least you should be. Congratulations! You’re a CFRE! You also may be wondering, what happens next?
Within 10 business days following the closing date of the testing window in which you passed the CFRE exam, CFRE International will receive the official score report for the testing window from Pearson VUE and we will update your online account to indicate that your CFRE certification has been awarded. This update triggers your official recognition as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) by CFRE International and also gives you access to tools to keep the momentum of your accomplishment going.
- The update of your online account triggers an e-mail to you that your CFRE certification has been officially awarded.
- Your name will be added to the Find A CFRE look-up resource on the CFRE International website.
- You may add the CFRE credential to your business cards, print and digital signature blocks, stationery, social media account profiles, and any other place your name is listed for business purposes. In fact, we encourage you to do this as it helps expand the recognition of the credential across the philanthropic sector. Style: John(or Jane) Q. Fundraiser, CFRE
- Your official CFRE Certificate (suitable for framing) will be printed and mailed to you along with a congratulatory letter, CFRE lapel pin, and information about custom framing available through our partner, Framing Success.
- An online PDF press release, customized to your accomplishment as a new CFRE, is made available on the My CFRE page of your online application account on the CFRE International website. The “View My Press Release” hyperlink is located to the right of My Applications Summary. Use this press release to share your accomplishment with the leadership of your organisation, announce it on your organisation’s website, and/or distribute it to local press in your community.
- Look for opportunities to talk about your CFRE credential, the rigorous process involved in achieving it, and what it demonstrates about you and others who hold the credentials as fundraisers. See Tools to Promote the CFRE Credential for resources to assist you in talking with those who may not be familiar with the CFRE credential.
- You will be able to login to your account and begin your new Recertification Application. Even though recertification is three years away, starting your recertification application early allows you to use the application as an easy, online tool to organize and track the new C.E. you’ll be accumulating and your professional performance accomplishments. When it comes time to submit your recertification application, you’ll appreciate that you’ve been entering these items as you achieved them.
Congratulations and welcome to the Certified Fund Raising Executive community. A global network of leaders in philanthropic fundraising who demonstrate their commitment, competence, credibility, and preparation for career advancement through CFRE certification.
Of course, CFRE International is here to assist you if you have any questions going forward. Visit our website often and join the conversation on social media by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn or by joining the CFRE International Official Group on LinkedIn. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (571) 699-0601.