Whether it’s due to the pandemic or other circumstances, sometimes achieving CFRE recertification requirements can seem out of reach.
If you find yourself short of the minimum recertification requirements for Education, Professional Practice, or Professional Performance, one of these options may be right for you.
- Check out My Education Finder, our searchable database of education offerings from CFRE International Approved Providers. Some programs are low-cost/no cost and available online/on-demand.
- Need a significant number of Education points? You can fulfill the entire Education requirement for recertification by retaking the CFRE exam. Simply select this option on your recertification application.
Professional Performance points
- You don’t have to fulfill the Professional Performance requirement with only actual funds raised. You also earn 5 points each for management and communications projects (like creating a gift acceptance policy, designing a direct mail campaign, etc.) that directly support fundraising.
- If you need a significant number of Professional Performance points, you can recertify using Special Circumstances status. All CFREs automatically qualify for one recertification cycle under Special Circumstances. Choose this option on your recertification application.
Professional Practice points
- If you can’t fulfill the Professional Practice requirement due to loss of employment, parental or family leave, or any other reason, you can recertify using Special Circumstances status. All CFREs automatically qualify for one recertification cycle under Special Circumstances. Choose this option on your recertification application.
Missed your recertification deadline?
- Every CFRE automatically receives a six-month grace period after their certification expiration date. If you forgot to recertify—or need to delay recertifying for up to six months—no problem. Be aware a US$50 late fee applies if you recertify after your certification expiration date.