You’ve read, studied, and just completed your CFRE exam. The message is right there on your computer screen at the testing center—you passed!
After all the work, study, and worry that went into achieving this career milestone, you’re feeling a well-deserved sense of pride in your accomplishment. Congratulations! You’re a CFRE! You also may be wondering, what happens next?
Within 24 hours of passing your exam, Pearson VUE will send your score to the CFRE International office. We will then update your account with the information that you passed. Then:
- The update of your online account triggers an email to you that your CFRE certification has been officially awarded.
- Within 5 business days your name will be added to the Find A CFRE look-up resource on the CFRE website.
- Add the CFRE credential to your business cards, print and digital signature blocks, stationery, social media account profiles, and any other place your name is listed for business purposes. In fact, we encourage you to do this as it helps expand the recognition of the credential across the philanthropic sector. Style: John (or Jane) Q. Fundraiser, CFRE
- An online PDF press release, customized to your accomplishment as a new CFRE, is made available on the My CFRE page of your online account on the CFRE website. The “View My Press Release” hyperlink is located to the right of My Applications Summary. Use this press release to share your accomplishment with the leadership of your organization, announce it on your organization’s website, and/or distribute it to local press in your community.
- Look for opportunities to talk about your CFRE credential, the rigorous process involved in achieving it, and what it demonstrates about you and others who hold the credentials as fundraisers.
- Log in to your account and begin your new Recertification Application. Even though recertification is three years away, starting early allows you to use the application as an easy, online tool to organize and track the new continuing education credits you’ll be accumulating. When it comes time to submit your recertification application, you’ll appreciate that you’ve been entering these items as you achieved them.
- Within 15 business days following the closing date of the testing window in which you passed the CFRE exam, CFRE International will mail you the hard copy of your CFRE certificate, which is suitable for framing.
Congratulations and welcome to the Certified Fund Raising Executive community, a global network of leaders in philanthropic fundraising who demonstrate their commitment to confidence, ethics, and professionalism in fundraising.