After all the work, study, and worry that went into achieving your CFRE, you’re feeling a well-deserved sense of pride in your accomplishment. Congratulations! You’re a CFRE!
You also may be wondering, what happens next?
Within one business day of passing your exam, Pearson VUE will send your score to the CFRE International office. We will then update your account with the information that you passed and you can access a press release announcing your accomplishment. The “View My Press Release” hyperlink is located to the right of My Applications Summary inside your My CFRE account.
Within five business days, your name will be added to the Find A CFRE tool.
Within one week, you will receive your CFRE digital badge for use on social media.
Within one month, we will mail the hard copy of your certificate from our office in Virginia, USA.
Don’t forget to:
- Add that you are a CFRE to your:
- business cards
- print and digital signature blocks
- social media account profiles
- any other place your name is listed for business purposes. Doing this helps expand recognition of the credential across the philanthropic sector. Style: John (or Jane) Q. Fundraiser, CFRE
- Look for opportunities to talk about your CFRE credential, the rigorous process involved in achieving it, and what it demonstrates about you and others who hold the credential as fundraisers.
- Log in to your account and begin your new Recertification Application. While recertification is three years away, starting early allows you to use the application as an easy, online tool to organize and track the new continuing education credits you’re accumulating.
Congratulations and welcome to the Certified Fund Raising Executive community, a global network of leaders in philanthropic fundraising who demonstrate their commitment to confidence, ethics, and professionalism in fundraising.