Take the CFRE exam from your home or office
In addition to being available at Pearson VUE’s global network of testing centers, the CFRE exam can come to you. With Pearson VUE’s secure online proctoring platform, OnVUE, you can now sit for the exam from the comfort of your home or office.
Which option is right for me?
OnVUE can be very popular and as such you may only be able to book your exam date 48 to 72 hours out from when you attempt to take the exam.
Please note: If you need a special accommodation, such as extra time due to a medical condition or a break for medical reasons, you will need to take the exam in-person at a test center.
|Restroom breaks permitted||Photo ID required||Time to sit for exam||Special accommodations can be met||Monitored by proctor||Access to notes, phone, or books allowed|
|In-person at test center||Yes||Yes||4 hours||Yes||Yes||No|
|At home or office||Yes - One||Yes||4 hours||No||Yes||No|
Requirements for online proctoring
If you decide to sit for the exam at your home or office, the following must be observed:
- 4 hours without interruption
- No one, including children and pets, may be present in the room during the exam
- A working web cam and computer microphone that can remain on throughout the duration of exam
- A strong internet connection
- Working computer audio
- A computer that can pass Pearson VUE’s systems test (please note: It is recommended that you do NOT use your work computer due to issues with firewalls and VPNs)
- You will have the opportunity to take one optional break of up to 10 minutes after you have completed the first 100 questions. No other breaks are permitted.
- If your computer is hooked up to more than one monitor, all additional monitors must be disconnected
If these requirements cannot be met, you will need to sit for the exam in-person.
For questions about online proctoring, contact Pearson VUE customer service.