Welcome to the CFRE Retired Status Application!
CFRE Retired status is meant for retired individuals that still want a connection to the CFRE International community. In order to be eligible for CFRE Retired status, you must:
- Be a current CFRE who wishes voluntarily to relinquish active CFRE certification status due to retirement
- Have recertified at least twice as a CFRE
- No longer meet CFRE certification requirements
- No longer earn primary remuneration for practicing fundraising
- Pay a one-time, nonrefundable fee equivalent to the current fee for CFRE recertification
Individuals with CFRE Retired status may indicate their status by using the designation CFRE (Ret.) after their names. An individual who holds CFRE Retired status is prohibited from representing him/herself as being currently CFRE certified. Those holding CFRE Retired status may enjoy other benefits at the discretion of CFRE International, including but not limited to access to the CFRE Central online community and a subscription to Leading Edge e-news.
If you exit retirement and return to earning primary remuneration for practicing fundraising, you forfeit CFRE Retired status and must regain CFRE certification in order to have the right to use the CFRE designation.