Click here to download your copy of the CFRE Testing Guide.
Congratulations on being approved to take the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) exam!
- Your CFRE application is valid for 12 months after it is approved. You must take and pass the CFRE exam during this time frame. If you do not, you will need to submit a new initial certification application and fee.
I. SCHEDULING YOUR EXAM
The CFRE exam is administered by Pearson VUE and its partners. Please schedule your testing appointment with Pearson VUE in accordance with the instructions below. We encourage you to schedule your exam as soon as possible to ensure the most convenient location, date, and time for your appointment.
- The CFRE Exam is available worldwide at Pearson VUE Authorized Test Centres. You will be able to select the available centre of your choice when you schedule your appointment with Pearson VUE through its website or call centre.
- Most testing centres are open Monday through Saturday and many have evening hours. The test duration is four (4) hours, with additional time for a computer tutorial before the test begins. You will be making your own personal testing reservation and may be testing with people from a variety of different professions.
Appointment Scheduling Procedures
- Your first and last name, as entered in your contact information at My CFRE, must match your government-issued photo identification document (ID).
- Your contact information will be used for all subsequent correspondence from CFRE, including sending your certificate when you pass.
2. The following information is needed to schedule your exam online with Pearson VUE:
- A valid e-mail address (for receiving your testing appointment confirmation)
- Email received from Pearson VUE with account information
- Your name as listed on your government-issued photo ID
- Name of the Examination Sponsor: CFRE International
- Your daytime telephone number
- Select “Sign In” and follow the instructions. You must sign in as a Returning User using the login and password provided by Pearson VUE via email.
- You will be able to obtain driving directions and a map from the scheduling page. Pearson VUE Technology Centres are located near convenient parking.
In the United States and Canada, operators are available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Central Time (US). Outside of this region, operators are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM in local time. If scheduling by phone, please determine your preferred testing centre location using the Pearson VUE website before scheduling the testing appointment.
Confirming Your Appointment
- When you register with Pearson VUE, you will receive an e-mail with your appointment details and confirmation number. Please print a hard copy of your confirmation for your records.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to verify that the correct date, time and place have been requested.
Cancelling and Rescheduling Appointments
Authorized candidates will only be able to choose a date within the testing window selected during Step 4 of the application. To request a new testing window please contact CFRE for an ATT Reissue Form. The form and associated ATT Reissue Fee must be returned to CFRE before your authorization can be updated.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your testing appointment within the same window, you must take one of the following steps:
- Sign in to your account on the Pearson VUE website (www.pearsonvue.com/cfre).
- Contact Pearson VUE Customer Service (www.pearsonvue.com/cfre/contact).
- For either method, please have your appointment confirmation number available.
All appointments cancelled less than forty-eight (48) hours prior will forfeit the full exam fee and be required to obtain a new eligibility.
Candidates who fail to cancel their appointment within the required forty-eight (48) hours and do not follow the above stated policy will need to submit a request in writing to be moved to a new testing window and pay both the ATT Letter Validity Fee and the Computer-Based Testing Fee.
Please contact the CFRE Certification office for complete details of this policy.
Problems with Pearson VUE Scheduling
If you have difficulty scheduling your appointment with Pearson VUE, please e-mail CFRE International at email@example.com or call CFRE International during normal business hours, 9 AM – 5 PM EST at +1 703 820 5555.
II. ON EXAM DAY
About Your Appointment
- The length of the exam is 200 items. Twenty-five of these are pre-test items and will not affect your score.
- Candidates are given four (4) hours to complete the examination.
- You will have the opportunity to take a tutorial once you arrive at the testing centre to familiarize yourself with the computer screen. Tutorial time does not count toward the timed portion of your exam.
Arriving at the Testing Centre
1. Please plan to arrive at the testing centre at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the scheduled examination time.
2. You will need to show two (2) forms of identification including one (1) government-issued photo ID with signature. All forms of identification must be original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) and issued by either your county of citizenship, or by the country in which you are testing. The first and last name on both of the IDs that are presented must match exactly with the first and last name used during the application and registration process. You cannot be admitted without the required identification.
- Acceptable forms of government-issued photo ID with signature include: passport, driver’s license, military ID, identification card (national/state/province identity card), alien registration card, etc.
- Acceptable forms of secondary ID include: credit card, original Social Security card, original school identification, identification with printed name and signature, or identification with name and recognizable photo.
3. You will be required to sign the roster upon entry to the test centre.
4. All Pearson VUE Testing Centres have personal lockers with keys available for all candidates for storing personal belongings while taking the exam. Candidates will not be permitted to bring any belongings into the testing room.
- Such items include but are not limited to: outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, briefcases, notebooks, pagers, watches, cellular telephones, recording devices, and photographic equipment.
- Weapons are not allowed at any Pearson VUE Testing Centre.
- You will be asked to empty and turn your pockets inside out prior to every entry into the test room to confirm that you have no prohibited items.
Security at Testing Centres
Please be advised that it is a violation of CFRE International’s Accountability Standards to discuss or disclose examination questions and answer choices with others. This includes and is not limited to test preparation companies, participating on listserv or chat room discussion about examination content, former classmates, work colleagues, etc. Violators will be subject to possible invalidation of examination results, termination of the participation in the CFRE Programme, and/or other appropriate disciplinary action.
- Testing sessions will be videotaped and audio-monitored. If, for any reason, you leave the testing room, you will be required to sign out as well as sign back in and re-show your identification. Your time out of the testing room is recorded on the log sheet.
- All centres have easily accessible restrooms and water available outside the testing room which you can access at any point during your examination period.
- Should you require access to medication or a snack during the examination period, you must request a special accommodation with CFRE International.
For more information concerning Computer-Based Testing (CBT), please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (www.cfre.org/about/faqs) on CFRE International’s website.
Late and Missed Appointments
If you are more than fifteen (15) minutes late for your appointment, you will not be admitted. Late admission is at the discretion of the Pearson VUE and its partners.
If you miss your appointment, you will not be automatically rescheduled with Pearson VUE. You must contact CFRE International at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a new authorisation.
If you do not schedule a testing appointment for the Testing Window you selected in your application, or, if you miss your scheduled appointment, a new authorisation cannot be generated until reports for the missed Testing Window are processed.
Your Preliminary Pass/Fail Determination
- Upon exiting the examination room at the testing centre, you will receive a pass/fail score report.
- Candidate scores are reported on a scale of 200 – 800. Candidates must receive a score of at least 500 in order to be certified.
If You Have Problems at the Testing Center
If you go to your scheduled appointment and find that you are unable to test due to technical or personnel difficulties at the testing centre, and you are not rescheduled promptly by Pearson VUE, please call CFRE International immediately. If your difficulty occurs over a weekend, please leave a message.
III. APPEAL POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Please click the following link to view the policy on Appeal Process for Initial Certification and Recertification Candidates.
Contact the CFRE International Certification Team at email@example.com or +1 703 820 5555.